Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

Blackout day-All blacks

Today everyone at school was dressed in their team colours most people dressed in black representing the All blacks team whilst a few others were wearing red for the lions. The school had two assemblies, one for a normal school day and another to wish the All Blacks the very best of luck, well...of course the lions too. We all sang tutira mai nga iwi which is the Lions tour song at the moment. Then the kapa haka group which includes me did the All Blacks haka '"Ka mate". During lunch time Mr Ovilgie  spray painted the letters "All blacks" on the grass on the field, we all were given numbers before our second assembly and when it was finished we all stood on a letter which contained the number 1 to 9.
A few moments later when that was done Everybody stood in a big circle surrounding the courts and we all passed a ball around back to the person who started with it. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mathias my is Tarjzon from Paihia School in Te Ngahere.
    Paihia school has All Blacks Day.Your blog reminds me when it was all blacks day and I did not know but I was wearing gray does that count?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Mathias
    My name is Ocean and I am a year 7 student in Te Ngahere. WOW I really liked how your school have dressed up to support the All Blacks. I like the All Blacks as much you do. hope they WIN !!.

    ReplyDelete